Friday, December 31, 2010

holiday card designs

Good day all! So, I was a little late getting the ball rolling on my holiday cards this year, but at least I got it them out before the end of the year.

This was the first year that my Jake, my boyfriend, and I sent out cards as a couple. I decided to go the postcard route for three reasons:
          1.  I like postcards
          2.  Less paper waste by eliminating the envelope
          3.  More affordable postage stamps

I drew out the design by hand, scanned in my pencil drawing and traced over it with the pen tool in Illustrator. I also did all of the coloring and snowflakes in Illustrator. Then, I placed in the photo of us from Arapaho Basin in Colorado.

Out holiday postcard 2010 - printed by Vistaprint.com


I really didn't think I was going to get the postcards in time to send out. So, to cover my bases, I sent out a cute, little digital greeting card via email as well. I made this one the same way I did the postcard; hand drew the one tree, scanned it into Illustrator, traced, and colored. I just duplicated the tree over and over and layered them.

My digital greeting!

I think I like the trees better. More simple, more "me."

For the last time, Happy New Year and be safe all!

No comments:

Post a Comment